You will be engaged in new developments but also in the improvement, maintenance and use of the models in our portfolio. Your main activities will consist of:
- Studying and analysing our business processes in the domains of (physical) production, logistics and scheduling.
- Proposing solutions to identified problems or opportunities. Implementing these solutions, using programming languages like (mainly) C++ and Python.
- Communicating your findings to all stakeholders, varying from shop floor operators to departmental and company management.
- Planning and tracking your work, from the initial studies to the follow-up after the release.
- Reporting periodically progress to the management of the Industrial Automation and Modelling department.
- Master or PhD degree in engineering (civil, industrial, bio) or science (physics, chemistry, mathematics). You are capable of abstracting business processes and analysing and structuring complex problems.
- You feel at ease in an industrial context and you are particularly interested by the challenges of the steel industry.
- You have decent programming skills, in particular using C++. You have experience with tools for source management (e.g., git) and work item management (e.g., TFS).
- Familiarity with relational database technology (e.g., DB2, SQLserver), industrial data historians (e.g., IBA), statistical techniques (e.g., sampling, regression, hypothesis testing, clustering) or O.R. techniques (e.g., LP, CP, MIP, local search, …) is a strong asset.
- Fluent in English and Dutch. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- You communicate in an open and respectful way with all stakeholders.
- You can work independently, you take initiative, you are well-organized and result-oriented. You commit to deadlines.
Why join VeroTech?
- A motivating salary package, with the possibility of working from home, a company car and other benefits.
- Improve your skillset within challenging mid to long-term R&D projects in a variety of high tech industries.
- Work in a people-oriented company where you will get to guide your own professional career, supported by our internal team.
- Join an inspiring community of engineers with a range in expertise and experience levels.